Researchers at the Duke Center for Eating Disorders and the Molecular Physiology Institute at Duke University want to understand more about exercise in individuals with anorexia nervosa
This research study will help us understand more about the healthy and unhealthy aspects of exercise in individuals with anorexia nervosa.
You may qualify for this study if you fall into one of these three groups:
• You have never had anorexia nervosa and you DO NOT exercise regularly (less than 30 minutes a day, 3 days per week)
• You have never had anorexia nervosa and you DO exercise regularly (30 minutes or more a day, 3 or more days per week).
• You HAVE anorexia nervosa, regardless of your level of exercise.
You will be asked to:
• Take a resting electrocardiogram (ECG) to measure the health of your heart • Do some timed exercise trials while we measure your heart health
• Complete some questionnaires
You will be compensated for your time and can learn the results of your exercise sessions.
For more information in regard to the study,
please call 919-681-9000, Press 4 or send an email to